Social Impact Committee
LaSalle Investment Management
Langdon Park Capital
Maryland State Retirement and
Turner Impact Capital
Kaylee McCall Correa
Goldman Sachs Asset Management
Alliance Global Advisors
Kenneth M. Wisdom
Portfolio Advisors, LLC
The PREA Social Impact Committee will, in conjunction with PREA staff, work to keep PREA members informed about social issues in commercial real estate investment, including definitions and current issues, risks, benefits, measurement, and any other relevant issues at the discretion of the committee. Issues to be addressed may include diversity and inclusion, community impact, stakeholder relations, health and safety, human rights and labor standards, tenant amenities, controversial tenants, and any other relevant issues at the discretion of the committee.
The PREA Social Impact Committee shall be comprised of approximately ten individuals, including two co-chairs of the committee. In addition to the ten individuals, the Executive Director of the PREA Foundation shall serve as an ex officio member of the committee. Best efforts will be made to create a committee that is diverse by gender and cultural identity, and include members from institutional investors, investment managers, consultants and, when appropriate, academics.
- Members will serve staggered three year terms, renewable once.
- Co-chairs shall serve three years as chair and the terms as co-chairs is not renewable (although they may renew as members of the committee).
- Work to educate the PREA membership on social issues in commercial real estate investment.
- The committee will work with PREA to promote the incorporation of social considerations in real estate investments, while acknowledging the importance of the financial performance of investments.
- When appropriate, the committee may recommend best practices or provide examples to the broader membership of successful incorporation of social issues into real estate investments at either the portfolio or asset level.
- When dealing with issues of diversity and inclusion within the real estate investment management industry, the committee will coordinate with the PREA Foundation to ensure no redundant efforts.